Removing Business BoundariesThrough the acquisition of Ariba, SAP has created a new operating model for business, which effectively eliminates the boundaries between individual companies. Enterprises can now work in a fully-networked environment to more efficiently discover, connect and collaborate with their customers, suppliers and other partners. In addition, new processes and community-based insights are enabled that can drive unprecedented levels of productivity across more geographies and lines of business. Using the Ariba Network, companies today can:
- Receive active leads from a global community of qualified buyers rather than simply tracking them
- Manage orders and statuses in real time rather than chasing paper
- Accelerate payments for goods and services and optimize cash by making early payments
- Gain new community-based intelligence and insights to make more informed decisions
Buyers Benefit: Finding the Right Fit, Faster PPG, a leading coatings and specialty products company, is a prime example of a large enterprise currently using Ariba Discovery, the premier service for matching buyers and sellers globally delivered via the Ariba Network. The US$15 billion company is able to quickly expand its pool of sellers beyond local boundaries, gain unique qualifying information from network-based transactional history and member-generated performance ratings and increase competition in their sourcing events worldwide.
"With other channels, it used to take us considerable time to assess the quality of sellers – and we weren't even sure of their quality," said Dan Wolfred, senior manager, Process & Technology, PPG Industries. "Ariba Discovery efficiently manages the new seller identification process and we use it on a global basis because of its extensive reach. It saves our buyers significant time finding new sellers."
Suppliers Benefit: Lighting-Fast Time to Cash, Higher ProductivityIn addition to getting access to new business opportunities with the world's largest community of Global 2000 buying organizations, sellers gain new levels of process efficiency and transparency. Ariba Network user have reported 50 percent faster transaction processing cycles, 60 percent improvements in order accuracy, double-digit increases in revenues with existing and new customers on the network and 20 percent faster payment. The Ariba Network also offers new types of collaboration and insights only available in a networked model.For example, using the dynamic discounting tools delivered on the network, buyers can accelerate payments for approved invoices to key suppliers in return for discounts, earning an immediate return on their cash. Sellers can gain increased visibility into future cash flows, certainty in payment timing and the ability to use cash sooner.
- Chicago-based Mediafly is a trusted provider for the Fortune 1000, bridging the gap between compelling sales and marketing content and the wide range of mobile and smart devices. The company took advantage of the discounting tools with one of its customers and was paid in 14 days instead of 90.
- MarkMaster is a Tampa-based company that provides name badges, nameplates, rubber stamps, signs, banners and decals to Fortune 500 companies. It has grown revenue more than 300 percent using Ariba Discovery.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV