MUNICH, Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Visteon Corporation (NYSE:VC) will present its latest automotive electronics products and innovations at Electronica 2012, from Nov. 13-16. A range of interactive displays will be shown in Hall A6, Stand 343, demonstrating how Visteon leverages its market and consumer insight to develop automotive concepts that explore future consumer electronics (CE) features that enhance the driving experience.
Drawing on Visteon's proprietary research into consumer perceptions of the ideal vehicle electronics experience, Visteon will showcase audio, infotainment, connectivity, driver information, displays and control panel solutions that are easily accessible, engaging and improve the feeling of safety and comfort in the vehicle.Visteon's new e-Bee vehicle concept also will make its global debut at the show. Representing Visteon's vision of mobility in the year 2020, the e-Bee uses innovative technology, including display-based controls and Cloud-centered profile storage, to create a unique and personalized driving experience. Fully compatible with electric vehicle and hybrid platforms, the e-Bee demonstrates intelligent mobility, where the vehicle gathers and disseminates useful driving-related data, acts as part of a wider mobility-enabling network and integrates technology and design that is simple, flexible and frugal. The e-Bee will be available for demonstrations at Visteon's booth in Hall 6. "Increasingly, motorists expect their vehicles to deliver the same rich experience they enjoy with their consumer electronics devices," said Steve Meszaros, Visteon product group president, electronics. "Our automotive electronics solutions are designed to bridge the gap between consumer electronics and the driving experience, making it easier and more enjoyable for consumers to stay connected to their vehicles and the outside world, while mitigating distraction." At the show, visitors will be able to experience technologies from Visteon's extensive electronics portfolio, which includes audio and infotainment, and information and controls. In addition, visitors can interact with the company's latest connectivity and human machine interaction (HMI) solutions:
- Visteon's premium driver information platform delivers consumer electronics-quality graphics and sets a new benchmark for real-time image rendering capability in automotive-grade products.
- The mid-range infotainment platform enables multi-device connectivity and content management to deliver a rich media experience on up to two thin-film transistor (TFT) displays. The media player consolidates music and media from multiple users into one list and allows streaming to any device in the vehicle. The system also supports Internet radio and Cloud-based storage while allowing caching of content.
- Helping drivers manage cognitive workload, Visteon's head-up display systems are designed to display different types of critical information directly in the driver's line of sight. Initial development projects include both combiner and windshield head-up display systems using a TFT image source.
- Visteon's ideal occupant interface concept offers consumer electronics-style interface feature controls for automotive applications that are reliable, accurate and highly responsive
- Visteon's wireless charging solution provides a convenient way to ensure portable electronics equipped with compatible inductive charging receivers are always charged and ready to go.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV