DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford brings the compact Transit Connect Wagon to market, a vehicle so unique it is a revolution in seven-passenger transportation
- Transit Connect Wagon expected to deliver at least 5 mpg better fuel economy on the highway and 2 mpg better in the city than a seven-seat Toyota Sienna minivan, and more cargo space and passenger seating than Mazda5, yet hauls a heavier payload than a Toyota Tacoma Double Cab pickup or Dodge Grand Caravan
- Anticipating up to 30 mpg-plus on the highway with EcoBoost ® power, Transit Connect Wagon offers a choice of two fuel-efficient four-cylinder engines, two wheelbase lengths and three series models – XL, XLT and range-topping Titanium
- Transit Connect Wagon takes adaptability to a new level with the convenience of sliding side doors, fold-flat second- and third-row seating, a 1,200-pound-plus payload, and choice of a rear liftgate or symmetrical, side-hinged cargo doors
Ford, the most fuel-efficient full-line manufacturer, introduces the first seven-passenger people mover expected to break the 30 mpg-plus highway barrier with the all-new Transit Connect Wagon, which drives like a car, has the flexibility of a utility and can haul the payload of a full-size pickup.
"Transit Connect Wagon gives young families and people on the go the fun-to-drive and efficient vehicle they've been looking for," said Mark Fields, Ford's President of The Americas. "It's an all-new, smaller seven-seater that has better mileage than larger vans and creates a segment of its own. Customers also will love the unique combination of style, adaptability and affordability this wagon brings."
Transit Connect Wagon is offered in two wheelbase lengths, in five- and seven-passenger configurations, and in XL, XLT and Titanium series levels. No other wagon in the market today offers the convenience of fold-flat seating, at least a 1,200-pound payload and more than 100 cubic feet of cargo space.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV