ING Direct Becoming Capital One 360
As a long time owner of an ING Direct, the acquisition by Capital One and now the rebranding is not enough evidence for me to move my money out of the bank. I'm not happy about the decreased competitiveness of interest rates, but I've mitigated that by opening accounts elsewhere. And for me, the purpose of savings is to have cash available in an emergency. Most of my financial assets are invested in stock or bond index funds, and that's where I concern myself more with return on investment. I'm not concerned as much about savings rates because the purpose of savings is not growth, it's protection.
Still, just about any high-yield savings account is better than the typical savings account you might find at your local bank branch.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV