TURTLE CREEK, Pa., Nov. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- To continue to stay ahead of rising demand for wireless voice, multimedia and Internet access, Verizon Wireless has expanded its local network in the town of Turtle Creek by activating a new cell site. The new site provides more customers in the area with access to its 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) network.
The new cell site in Allegheny County improves coverage in the area as follows:
- North along Route 130 to Free Lane and Churchill Rd. in Wilkins Township;
- South to East Pittsburgh McKeesport Boulevard and US 30;
- West to East Pittsburgh and North Braddock, and;
- East along Route 130 to the community of Wilmerding.
The site improves wireless voice and, with 4G LTE, customers will experience data connections at speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G. These improvements empower more Verizon Wireless customers to rely on their wireless phones for social networking, Internet browsing, downloading apps, exchanging email and text, picture and video messaging, as well as making calls.
"Pennsylvanians are increasingly relying on smartphones and applications to manage their busy lives and stay connected at home or on-the-go," said Mark Frazier, president–Ohio/ Pennsylvania/West Virginia Region, Verizon Wireless. "This new cell site is part of our continual investment in our network so our customers can use their devices when, where and how they need them."This new cell site is part of Verizon Wireless' ongoing effort to expand coverage, increase capacity and enhance the quality of its wireless voice and data network in Pennsylvania. Verizon Wireless invests on average more than $6 billion annually in its network to stay ahead of the growing demand. The company's ongoing network investment totals more than $70 billion nationally since it was formed. This includes the introduction and continued expansion of 4G LTE. For more news and stories specific to the Verizon Wireless Midwest Area Visit and subscribe to our blog: http://vzwmidwestarea.com/. For Verizon Wireless Updates on Twitter Stay in the know about Verizon Wireless news in Pennsylvania by following @VZWLaura on Twitter at http://twitter.com/vzwlaura. For the latest network-related news, information and upgrades, follow @VZWNews on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWNews. About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation's largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves nearly 96 million retail customers, including 90.4 million retail postpaid customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 75,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia. SOURCE Verizon Wireless
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV