Motorola Solutions Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, today announced that it has been named an International CES Innovations 2013 Design and Engineering Awards Honoree for the HC1 headset mobile computer. Products entered in this prestigious program are judged by a preeminent panel of independent industrial designers, engineers and members of the media to honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting-edge consumer electronics products across 29 product categories.
The first in a new class of Motorola hands-free enterprise mobile computers, the HC1 is designed for field services and the defense, utilities, telecommunications, construction, aerospace and aviation markets. The HC1 can be used for maintenance, repair, operations/overhaul (MRO) and training applications that help to improve inspection time and accuracy, improve efficiency and increase safety. The headset computer provides wireless and hands-free mobile computing leveraging Kopin Corporation’s micro-display and headset computing technology platform – providing the user with a view equivalent to that of a 15-inch laptop-size screen with voice recognition and head gesture control.
About the HC1
- In addition to local document access, the HC1, when connected via local Wi-Fi or Bluetooth® to a Motorola MC75A, MC65, ES400 smartphone or mobile hotspot, allows the push and pull of data between the headset computer and remote networks. By pairing the HC1 with a WAN device connected to a remote network, mobile workers can receive mobile gateway access to place voice calls and use GPS data.
- The remote connectivity of the HC1, combined with the use of an optional camera accessory that can transmit pictures or videos, enables collaboration between a remote expert and a field-based associate on the job site to resolve issues quickly and efficiently – reducing travel costs and downtime, while improving worker productivity.
- The prestigious Innovations Design and Engineering Awards are sponsored by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) ®, the producer of the International CES, the world’s largest consumer technology tradeshow, and have been recognizing achievements in product design and engineering since 1976.
- Motorola Solutions’ HC1 headset mobile computer will be displayed in The Venetian at the 2013 International CES, which runs Jan. 8-11, 2013 in Las Vegas.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts