IRVINE, Calif., Nov. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Lantronix (NASDAQ: LTRX), a leading global provider of smart M2M connectivity solutions, today announced the launch of its xPrintServer™- Office Edition, the newest member of its award-winning xPrintServer family, designed specifically for office use by business and IT professionals wishing to print from their iPad®, iPhone® or iPod® Touch to virtually any printer. The new product is available for pre-order now at www.Lantronix.com, and will begin shipping November 21, 2012.
Developed to provide an easy mobile printing solution for business users of Apple iOS products such as an iPad or iPhone, the xPrintServer – Office Edition enables printing directly from the native print menu of the device to virtually any existing network-connected or USB printer without any apps to download, software to install, or the use of a computer. Building on the original xPrintServer– Network Edition, the Office Edition offers significantly new security and enterprise management features, including remote authentication / Active Directory, proxy server support, as well as the ability to network-enable USB printers.
"Since the introduction of the first xPrintServer product last December, I have observed a ready market for this type of printing solution, as an increasing number of business people are relying on their tablets and smart phones for work purposes," said J. Gerry Purdy, Ph.D., principal analyst, MobileTrax LLC. "The new Office Edition of the xPrintServer boasts the same simplicity as its predecessor, while providing more robust enterprise features for IT managers, including Active Directory support and more control over user permissions and printing functionality as it relates to iOS devices. Additionally, it will enable USB printers to become network printers, so the users can print from their iOS devices right over the network. The xPrintServer - Office Edition is truly a timely product that addresses the growing adoption of mobile devices in businesses."
The soon-to-be released Office Edition comes with a wide range of robust features to support mobile printing throughout the enterprise. Designed in close collaboration with enterprise customers, the new Office Edition addresses the challenges faced by IT departments on how to identify, deploy and manage iOS device printing throughout the extended organization. Key features include:
- Support for both USB and network-connected printers (wired or wireless)
- Enhanced printer-user management, including printer usage rights, security and control over printers and user groups
- Proxy Server Support, global save and restore functionality, and the ability to export print logs
- Remote authentication / Active Directory support
- Firmware / driver loading via USB port
- Supports over 4,000 top brand printers, and an unlimited number of iPads, iPhones, and iOS users and devices
- Roughly the size of an iPhone with no additional software, CDs or application downloads required
- Automatic printer discovery and provisioning
- Easy to use and no configuration. Simply open the box, plug it in, print
- Anything that can be viewed, opened or read on an iOS device can be printed with the xPrintServer
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts