Law Firm Kirby McInerney LLP Investigating Potential Claims On Behalf Of CreXus Investment Corp. Shareholders
Kirby McInerney LLP is investigating potential claims against the Board of Directors of CreXus Investment Corp. (“CreXus” or the “Company”) (NYSE:CXS) related to the proposed acquisition of the Company by Annaly Capital Management (“Annaly Capital”) (NYSE:NLY). Under the terms of the agreement, Annaly Capital will acquire all of the shares of CreXus that it does not already own for $12.50 per share, or approximately $839 million.
The investigation concerns whether the CreXus Board of Directors violated its fiduciary duties by agreeing to this transaction and whether the proposed $12.50 per share consideration adequately values CreXus common shares. Annaly Capital already owns approximately 12.4% of the Company’s outstanding shares. Further, Fixed Income Discount Advisory Company (“FIDAC”), a wholly owned subsidiary of Annaly Capital, manages CreXus and two FIDAC employees are on the CreXus Board of Directors. The transaction is only a 13% premium to the Company’s closing price the day before the transaction was announced, and only a 5% premium to the Company’s book value per share.
If you are a CreXus shareholder and wish to obtain additional information, please contact J. Brandon Walker, Esq. by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone at (212) 699-1145 or (888) 529-4787.
Kirby McInerney LLP is a New York-based law firm concentrating in securities, shareholder, whistleblower, antitrust and consumer litigation. For additional information, please go to www.kmslaw.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV