MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P. (NYSE: MWE) (MarkWest) announced today that it is commencing a public offering of 8,500,000 common units. MarkWest intends to grant the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase a maximum of 1,275,000 additional common units if the underwriters sell more than 8,500,000 common units in the offering. MarkWest intends to use the net proceeds from the offering and from any exercise of the underwriters’ option to purchase additional common units to fund its capital expenditure program, for general working capital and for other general partnership purposes.
Citigroup, BofA Merrill Lynch, Barclays, Goldman, Sachs & Co., Morgan Stanley, UBS Investment Bank, Wells Fargo Securities, J.P. Morgan and RBC Capital Markets are acting as joint book-running managers for the offering. The offering is being made only by means of a prospectus supplement and accompanying base prospectus. A copy of the prospectus supplement and accompanying base prospectus associated with the offering may be obtained from the underwriters as follows:
- Citigroup, c/o Broadridge Financial Solutions, 1155 Long Island Ave. Edgewood, NY 11717. By email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Toll-Free: (800) 831-9146;
- BofA Merrill Lynch, Attention: Prospectus Department, 222 Broadway, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10038. By email at email@example.com;
- Barclays, c/o Broadridge Financial Solutions, 1155 Long Island Ave. Edgewood, NY 11717. By email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Toll-Free: (888) 603-5847;
- Goldman, Sachs & Co., Attention: Prospectus Department, 200 West Street, New York, NY 10282. By email at email@example.com, or Toll-Free: (866) 471-2526;
- Morgan Stanley, Attention: Prospectus Department, 180 Varick Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10014, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Toll-Free: (866) 718-1649;
- UBS Investment Bank, Attention: Prospectus Dept., 299 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10171. Toll-Free: (877) 827-6444, ext. 561 3884;
- Wells Fargo Securities, Attention: Equity Syndicate Dept., 375 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10152. Email: email@example.com, or Toll-Free (800) 326-5897;
- J.P. Morgan, c/o Broadridge Financial Solutions, 1155 Long Island Ave. Edgewood, NY 11717. Toll-Free: (866) 803-9204; or
- RBC Capital Markets, Three World Financial Center, 200 Vesey Street, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10281-8098. By email at CM-USA-Prospectus@rbc.com, or Toll-Free: 877-280-1299.
An electronic copy of the preliminary prospectus supplement and the accompanying base prospectus will be available on the Securities and Exchange Commission’s (SEC) website at http://www.sec.gov on November 13, 2012. The common units are being offered pursuant to an effective shelf registration statement that MarkWest previously filed with the SEC.
This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state in which such offer, solicitation, or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of such state.