Tornier N.V. (NASDAQ:TRNX), a global medical device company focused on providing surgical solutions to orthopaedic extremity specialists, today announced the appointment of David H. Mowry as Interim President and Chief Executive Officer, effective immediately. Mr. Mowry succeeds Douglas W. Kohrs, who has retired as President, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director. Also effective immediately, Non-Executive Director, Kevin C. O’Boyle was named Interim Vice Chairman to serve as a liaison between Mr. Mowry and the Board.
Mr. Mowry, 50, will work with Mr. O’Boyle and Mr. Kohrs to ensure a smooth and orderly transition as the Board of Directors conducts a search for a permanent CEO.
Sean D. Carney, Chairman of Tornier, commented, “On behalf of the company and the Board of Directors, I would like to express our appreciation to Doug, for his leadership and contribution in building the Tornier business over the past six years. Doug was instrumental in bringing Tornier public, leading the recent acquisition of the OrthoHelix business and expanding our international footprint, core capabilities and the innovation pipeline.”
Douglas W. Kohrs commented, “I have greatly enjoyed my tenure with Tornier, and am proud to have had the opportunity to work with a fantastic team in growing the company to be one of the most prominent providers of orthopaedic solutions. I have great confidence in the skills and talent of Dave and rest of the management team and their ability to continue to execute on the strategy we have laid out together.”David H. Mowry, Interim President and Chief Executive Officer of Tornier, commented, “I appreciate the opportunity to accept this expanded role with the company. I look forward to working with the Board and the talented management team in continuing to build the strong brand and reputation we have established at Tornier over the past 70 years.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV