Einstein Noah Restaurant Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: BAGL), a leader in the quick-casual segment of the restaurant industry operating under the Einstein Bros.® Bagels, Noah's New York Bagels®, and Manhattan Bagel® brands, today reported financial results for the third quarter ended October 2, 2012.
Highlights for the Third Quarter 2012 Compared to the Third Quarter 2011:
- Total revenues increased 1.9% to $105.5 million from $103.5 million, reflecting a 3.4% increase in Company-owned restaurant sales.
- System-wide comparable store sales increased 0.2%, the sixth consecutive quarter of positive trends.
- Net income was $3.4 million (+20.4% vs. prior year), or $0.20 per diluted share, compared to a net income of $2.8 million, or $0.17 per diluted share, in the year-ago period. In the third quarter of 2012, the Company incurred $0.3 million, or $0.01 per diluted share, in pre-tax expenses related to the strategic alternatives review process.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 13.6% to $11.7 million from $10.3 million. (*)
- Year-to-date operating cash flow increased 23.2% to $31.3 million from $25.4 million.
Jeff O’Neill, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated, “We improved our net income compared to the third quarter last year by realizing operational improvements in cost of goods and manufacturing, and delivered our sixth consecutive quarter of comparable store sales growth despite some softness related to the July 4 th Holiday. We attribute the continuation of our positive top-line trend to favorable product mix, expanded catering, and specialty beverage sales which we supported through our ongoing marketing investments. Our 2012 development plans are on target with our previously guided range, and we are excited to continue expanding our national brand presence through a combination of committed franchise and license partners and disciplined company unit growth.”
Third Quarter 2012 Financial ResultsFor the third quarter ended October 2, 2012, system-wide comparable store sales increased 0.2%, reflecting 4.1% growth in average check that was driven by a combination of price and favorable product mix, offset by comparable transactions. Total revenues increased 1.9% to $105.5 million from $103.5 million, reflecting a 3.4% increase in Company-owned restaurant revenues, while manufacturing and commissary revenues decreased 14.4% reflecting the planned commissary closures earlier this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV