- Sold Food Safety and GMO Businesses to Romer Laboratories– On September 28, 2012, SDIX announced that it had signed an agreement to sell the assets of its Food Safety and GMO businesses to Romer Labs for $13.5 million. The sale, which was completed in October, included the intellectual property, current inventory and commercial contracts, as well as equipment and staff of the two businesses. The Company is now focused solely on its Life Science business.
- Advanced Technology for Transmembrane Targets – The Company has completed work on its technology for generating monoclonal antibodies to transmembrane proteins and has presented a comprehensive data set to potential customers and partners for evaluation. Business development activities are now the focus as the Company seeks to build additional partnerships around this technology. The Company expects that spending on R&D will decrease in the coming quarters due to the completion of the data package.
- Balance Sheet Strengthened- The Company completed the third quarter of 2012 with cash and cash equivalents of $7.0 million and stockholders’ equity of $16.8 million. The cash balance does not reflect the estimated net proceeds of $12.4 million from the October sale of the Food Safety and GMO assets.
SDIX Reports Third Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.