1. As of noon trading, AmerisourceBergen ( ABC) is down $0.46 (-1.1%) to $40.00 on light volume Thus far, 807,730 shares of AmerisourceBergen exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $39.98-$40.60 after having opened the day at $40.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.47. AmerisourceBergen Corporation, a pharmaceutical services company, provides drug distribution and related services to healthcare providers and pharmaceutical manufacturers primarily in the United States and Canada. AmerisourceBergen has a market cap of $10.1 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.6, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 8.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate AmerisourceBergen a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates AmerisourceBergen as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full AmerisourceBergen Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the wholesale industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Goods ( IYK) while those bearish on the wholesale industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts