1. As of noon trading, Ericsson Telephone Company ( ERIC) is down $0.07 (-0.8%) to $8.72 on light volume Thus far, 669,739 shares of Ericsson Telephone Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $8.68-$8.74 after having opened the day at $8.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $8.79. Ericsson provides communications equipment, professional services, and multimedia solutions to mobile and fixed networks operators worldwide. Ericsson Telephone Company has a market cap of $29.1 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.8, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 13.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Ericsson Telephone Company a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Ericsson Telephone Company as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Get the full Ericsson Telephone Company Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the telecommunications industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Telecom ( IYZ) while those bearish on the telecommunications industry could consider ProShares Ult Sht Telecommunication ( TLL). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts