4. As of noon trading, Whole Foods Market ( WFM) is down $0.57 (-0.6%) to $91.00 on light volume Thus far, 469,925 shares of Whole Foods Market exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $90.82-$92.34 after having opened the day at $91.69 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $91.57. Whole Foods Market, Inc. engages in the ownership and operation of natural and organic food supermarkets. The company offers produce, seafood, grocery, meat and poultry, bakery, prepared foods and catering, coffee and tea, nutritional supplements, and vitamins. Whole Foods Market has a market cap of $16.7 billion and is part of the retail industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 36.4, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 29.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate Whole Foods Market a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Whole Foods Market as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Get the full Whole Foods Market Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts