1. As of noon trading, American Express ( AXP) is down $0.34 (-0.6%) to $55.49 on light volume Thus far, 910,375 shares of American Express exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $55.47-$56.10 after having opened the day at $56.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.83. American Express Company provides charge and credit payment card products and travel-related services to customers worldwide. American Express has a market cap of $62.2 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.9, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 18.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate American Express a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates American Express as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full American Express Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the real estate industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Real Estate ( IYR) while those bearish on the real estate industry could consider ProShares Short Real Estate Fund ( REK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts