2. As of noon trading, American Tower ( AMT) is down $0.61 (-0.8%) to $74.23 on light volume Thus far, 617,400 shares of American Tower exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $73.76-$75.24 after having opened the day at $75.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $74.84. American Tower Corporation, a real estate investment trust, operates as a wireless and broadcast communications infrastructure company. It develops, owns, and operates communications sites. American Tower has a market cap of $29.4 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 42.1, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 24.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate American Tower a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates American Tower as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and notable return on equity. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Get the full American Tower Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts