1. As of noon trading, News Corporation ( NWSA) is down $0.12 (-0.5%) to $24.30 on light volume Thus far, 2.6 million shares of News Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $24.21-$24.43 after having opened the day at $24.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.42. News Corporation operates as a diversified media company worldwide. News Corporation has a market cap of $38.1 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 42.0, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 36.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate News Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates News Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full News Corporation Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the media industry could consider PowerShares Dynamic Media ( PBS) while those bearish on the media industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Services ( SCC). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts