3 Stocks Pushing The Health Care Sector Lower
2. As of noon trading, GlaxoSmithKline ( GSK) is down $0.47 (-1.1%) to $43.08 on average volume Thus far, 1.4 million shares of GlaxoSmithKline exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $42.50-$43.39 after having opened the day at $43.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.55. GlaxoSmithKline plc, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the discovery, development, manufacture, and marketing of pharmaceutical products, over the counter (OTC) medicines, and health-related consumer products worldwide. GlaxoSmithKline has a market cap of $110.3 billion and is part of the drugs industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 4.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate GlaxoSmithKline a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates GlaxoSmithKline as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full GlaxoSmithKline Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts