4. As of noon trading, Allstate ( ALL) is down $0.40 (-1.0%) to $38.34 on light volume Thus far, 848,466 shares of Allstate exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $38.23-$38.74 after having opened the day at $38.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.73. The Allstate Corporation, through its subsidiaries, engages in the personal property and casualty insurance, life insurance, and retirement and investment products business primarily in the United States. Allstate has a market cap of $18.6 billion and is part of the insurance industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.4, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 41.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Allstate a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Allstate as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Allstate Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts