2. As of noon trading, Altria Group ( MO) is down $0.36 (-1.1%) to $31.12 on light volume Thus far, 3.5 million shares of Altria Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $31.08-$31.57 after having opened the day at $31.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.48. Altria Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smokeless products, and wine in the United States and internationally. Altria Group has a market cap of $63.3 billion and is part of the tobacco industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.3, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 5.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Altria Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Altria Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Altria Group Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts