1. As of noon trading, Dow Chemical ( DOW) is down $0.47 (-1.6%) to $28.89 on light volume Thus far, 1.8 million shares of Dow Chemical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $28.88-$29.41 after having opened the day at $29.36 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.36. The Dow Chemical Company manufactures and supplies chemical products used as raw materials in the manufacture of customer products and services worldwide. Dow Chemical has a market cap of $35.4 billion and is part of the conglomerates sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.9, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 2.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Dow Chemical a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Dow Chemical as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Dow Chemical Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the chemicals industry could consider Materials Select Sector SPDR ( XLB) while those bearish on the chemicals industry could consider ProShares Short Basic Materials Fd ( SBM). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts