3. As of noon trading, Rockwood Holdings ( ROC) is down $1.46 (-3.2%) to $43.76 on heavy volume Thus far, 876,677 shares of Rockwood Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 691,500 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $43.32-$45.32 after having opened the day at $45.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.22. Rockwood Holdings, Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets specialty chemicals and materials for industrial and commercial applications primarily in Germany, the United States, and Europe. Rockwood Holdings has a market cap of $3.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.5, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 14.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Rockwood Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Rockwood Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full Rockwood Holdings Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts