3. As of noon trading, EOG Resources ( EOG) is down $0.45 (-0.4%) to $114.07 on light volume Thus far, 355,053 shares of EOG Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $113.44-$115.60 after having opened the day at $115.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $114.52. EOG Resources, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the exploration, development, production, and marketing of natural gas and crude oil primarily in the United States, Canada, the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, the United Kingdom, and the People's Republic of China. EOG Resources has a market cap of $31.4 billion and is part of the energy industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 26.2, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 17.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 19 analysts that rate EOG Resources a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates EOG Resources as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full EOG Resources Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts