3. As of noon trading, Emerson Electric ( EMR) is up $0.24 (0.5%) to $50.39 on light volume Thus far, 692,122 shares of Emerson Electric exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $50.07-$50.49 after having opened the day at $50.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.15. Emerson Electric Co. operates as a diversified technology company worldwide. It engages in designing and supplying products and technology, and delivering engineering services and solutions to industrial, commercial, and consumer markets. Emerson Electric has a market cap of $36.2 billion and is part of the industrial industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.1, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Emerson Electric a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Emerson Electric as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Emerson Electric Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts