3. As of noon trading, Amgen ( AMGN) is up $0.53 (0.6%) to $85.70 on light volume Thus far, 1.0 million shares of Amgen exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $84.76-$86.09 after having opened the day at $85.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $85.17. Amgen Inc., a biotechnology medicines company, discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets human therapeutics based on advances in cellular and molecular biology for grievous illnesses primarily in the United States, Europe, and Canada. Amgen has a market cap of $65.0 billion and is part of the drugs industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 32.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Amgen a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Amgen as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels and compelling growth in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Get the full Amgen Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts