4. As of noon trading, BB&T ( BBT) is up $0.20 (0.7%) to $27.75 on average volume Thus far, 1.7 million shares of BB&T exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $27.72-$28.06 after having opened the day at $28.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.55. BB&T Corporation operates as a financial holding company for Branch Banking and Trust Company that provides various banking and trust services for retail and commercial clients. BB&T has a market cap of $19.3 billion and is part of the banking industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.8, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 9.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate BB&T a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 20 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates BB&T as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full BB&T Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts