DALLAS, Nov. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Expanding the OMAP™ processor footprint in embedded applications, Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN), together with six leading system-on-module (SoM) vendors, today introduced OMAP 5 processor-based modules designed to simplify and speed industrial development. Based on a dual-core ARM® Cortex™-A15 architecture which is complemented by an integrated DSP, dual Cortex-M4 cores and various on-chip accelerators, TI's OMAP 5 platform supports next-generation industrial applications such as point of service, portable data terminals and more. Select modules are on display this week at Electronica, in TI's booth (#420 in Hall A4).
"TI is committed to the expansion of OMAP processors into industrial applications that require long product life cycles, extended temperature and reliability, and real-time control and communication," said Debasish 'Ron' Nag, manager of TI's OMAP industrial business. "Our OMAP 5 processors meet rigorous industrial requirements and come backed by a support model that ensures protection and longevity of customers' investments, solidified by our commitment to ship devices for 10 years following production. We are proud to work with top SoM vendors to ease and speed industrial designs."
The new OMAP 5 processor-based modules build on TI's more than 50 years of
industrial experience, and optimized solutions based on Sitara™ ARM Cortex-A8, OMAP 4 and multicore processors, all of which are designed into industrial applications today. With the new OMAP 5 processor-based modules, industrial developers now have a greater range of ARM-based development options for solutions that require high-performance processing, real-time time control, advanced graphics, and fanless low power.
OMAP 5 processors: Higher performance for industrial systemsThe OMAP 5 architecture keeps power levels low to decrease utility costs and brings the best of ARM's Cortex-A15 performance to advanced industrial systems, delivering:
- Dual ARM Cortex-A15 MPcores for high-performance application processing
- Dual Cortex-M4 cores for efficient task offloading and power optimization
- Integrated DSP for flexible, high-performance, real-time processing analytics and control
- On-chip accelerators for vision, full-HD video (1080p) and 2D/3D graphics
- Industrial temperature qualification ( -40 to +85°C)
New OMAP 5 processor-based modules The new OMAP 5 processor based modules are expected to be available to select customers in first quarter 2013 from TI's SoM vendors. For sales information and complete details, please visit the following links:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV