Several health care REITs that I recommend include Ventas (VTR) , Healthcare Trust of AmericA (HTA), Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI) and Medical Properties Trust (MPW). Each of these REITs is differentiated by sector and they all provide unique operating fundamentals.
Starting with Medical Properties Trust, based in Birmingham, Ala. In a
CNBC "Mad Money"
"There are a lot of hospitals... the market is huge out there. There's about a half a trillion dollars of available hospital properties out there... the pipeline is huge and we think that 2013 will be another big growth year for us."
Hospitals are the focal point of the health care delivery system and that produces a more stable and predictable value proposition. As Edward Aldag, Jr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV