McCrory Taps Kenan Institute's Stith For Transition Team
CHAPEL HILL, N.C., Nov. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- N.C. Governor-Elect Pat McCrory has named Thomas A. Stith III as director of his transition team. Stith is program director for economic development for UNC Kenan-Flagler's Frank Hawkins Kenan Institute of Private Enterprise.
McCrory announced members of his transition team at a press conference Nov. 8.
"I have had the chance to work closely with Thomas over the last few months, as he is one of the leaders of our strategic planning process for the Kenan Institute," said Institute Director Joseph M. DeSimone. "During this time, he has exhibited tremendous leadership and insights on how North Carolina can continue the transition from an agricultural-based economy to one that is poised to leverage our competitive advantages."
Stith's public and private-sector experience – combined with his practical political expertise – has provided a critical foundation for helping institute clients examine the many factors affecting their communities and develop strategies to achieve economic prosperity, DeSimone said.His career has included experience in policy-level public positions and Fortune 250 private-sector organizations as well as several entrepreneurial ventures. Stith served on the Durham (N.C.) City Council for three consecutive terms. Stith holds bachelor's and master's degrees (with honors) from North Carolina Central University. The Kenan Institute, part of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's Kenan-Flagler Business School, pursues cutting-edge research, educational programs and public policy initiatives in the areas of entrepreneurship, economic development and global competitiveness. SOURCE University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV