- Florida Power & Light Company (FPL), NextEra Energy's rate-regulated electric utility subsidiary, offers its typical residential customers a bill that is the lowest in Florida and 24 percent below the national average, along with the best reliability in the state among investor-owned utilities.
- Florida's economy also benefits from FPL's approximately $3 billion per year in capital investments and the company's new economic development program that provides discounted electric service for new and expanding businesses.
- NextEra Energy Resources, LLC, the company's competitive generation subsidiary, continues to invest in growing its position as the country's largest owner of renewable energy from the wind and the sun. Its wind turbines alone are capable of producing enough clean, emissions-free energy to power more than 2 million homes.
- Benefitting from its ongoing investments in clean and renewable generation, NextEra Energy's 2011 emission rates of sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides and carbon dioxides were lower than the U.S. electric sector averages by 90 percent, 80 percent and 51 percent, respectively.
- In 2011, NextEra Energy paid more than $400 million in property taxes for the benefit of communities, awarded $230 million in contracts to small, minority- and women-owned businesses, and raised a company record of more than $3 million for its annual United Way campaign.
- The company was the only one in its industry sector and one of just 13 U.S. employers outside the health care industry to receive the 2012 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles Award (Platinum category) for "healthy weight, healthy lifestyle programs with measurable success and documented outcomes."
NextEra Energy Releases 2012 Corporate Responsibility Report Detailing Initiatives On Behalf Of Customers, Communities, Other Stakeholders
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.