MasterCard today joined with Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C) to introduce ‘ Click and Be Generous’, a campaign designed to involve consumers in the fight against cancer as they begin their holiday shopping. From November 12 through December 31, 2012, when cardholders spend $10 or more online on their MasterCard cards, MasterCard will donate up to $2 million to Stand Up To Cancer – one precious cent at a time. Certain terms and conditions apply.
The program formally launches today and will be supported with the introduction of a new TV spot featuring Emmy-winning actor and Stand Up To Cancer Ambassador Ty Burrell. Burrell, who stars in the Fall 2012 Dreamworks Animation film Mr. Peabody and Sherman and is known for his role as Phil Dunphy on the ABC hit show Modern Family, will appear in a 30-second broadcast spot that will begin airing on November 21 to help drive awareness for the program.
“The fight against cancer is truly personal to me, as I lost my father to this terrible disease. I am proud to be part of the incredible collaboration between MasterCard and Stand Up To Cancer, which makes it easy for everyone at home to raise funds for vital cancer research.”
“During the holidays we see people’s generosity and engagement with important causes increase as we all take the opportunity to appreciate the priceless moments in our daily lives,” said Cheryl Guerin, senior vice president, U.S. Marketing, MasterCard. “In support of this, we wanted to introduce a program which enabled our cardholders to drive contributions for cancer research by simply going about their holiday shopping online as they normally would. We are thrilled to have Ty Burrell help us introduce this initiative as his humor and good nature align with the spirit of the season.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV