"The Moustache Song" Song Grows Quickly In "Movember"
NASHVILLE, Tenn., Nov. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In the midst of "Movember," a new music duo has emerged, and The Moustache Song from The Fishin' Creek Bandits is garnering a tremendous amount of attention. The release of The Moustache Song single and video coincides with Movember, the global men's health charity that encourages men to grow and women to support the moustache for 30 days to raise awareness and funds for men's health - specifically prostate and testicular cancer initiatives.
The Fishin' Creek Bandits duo is comprised of two lifelong friends from Georgia who are now songwriters based in Nashville, TN, Josh "Rattlesnake" Maloy, and Kirk "Bobcat" Sauers. What has become a hilarious song and viral video actually started as a deep discussion between two lifelong friends traveling together in a car between music gigs in Georgia. It has now begun to turn into an inspiration for moustaches far and wide.
"Rattlesnake" recalls the inspiration for The Moustache Song: "Last year, I decided that after 29 years of life, I was going to attempt to grow a mustache. After about a week, my wife expressed her deep emotions of disgust towards my 'stache. I eventually consented and shaved. But I was really bothered by it - how can the woman I love so much have such hatred towards something that is a part of me?"The other half of the duo, Bobcat recalls, "We had just played a show in Georgia and afterwards Josh and I were driving through the night to the next show. He started pouring his heart out to me, and as a good friend, I gave him an open heart and an open ear. Not only did I sympathize with his moustache struggles, but I connected with it--with what was tearing him apart inside." "An hour later into the journey we had a verse and a chorus, headed down Highway 49," Rattlesnake states.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV