Consumers Union Urges Major Reduction Of Antibiotics In Food Animal Production To Protect Public Health
Consumers Union also supports Representative Henry Waxman's plan to introduce legislation in Congress to require the FDA to give the public more detailed information about the use of antibiotics in food animals. Right now there is little reliable data on the amount and type of antibiotics that are used for each category of food animal. Among other things, Waxman proposes to require drug manufacturers to disclose to the FDA how their antibiotics are used on the farm by determining which animals the drugs are given to and for what purpose.
For more information, see Consumers Union's fact sheet on how the overuse of antibiotics in food animals threatens public health.
SOURCE Consumers Union
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV