Top U.S. Policy And Industry Leaders To Gather In Miami To Discuss The Business Of Health Care In Wake Of Election
CORAL GABLES, Fla., Nov. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --In the wake of the 2012 U.S. presidential and congressional elections, the University of Miami School of Business Administration will bring together some of the nation's leading health care policy and industry leaders for a conference focused on the impact that the election results will have on health care reform and what it will mean for health care organizations and business in general.
The conference on Feb. 1, 2013, " The Business of Health Care Post-Election ," will be hosted by the School's Center for Health Sector Management and Policy and will come within two weeks of the inauguration of Barack Obama for a second term as president."The re-election of President Obama and other election results put renewed focus on health care reform and the impact that it will have on the financing and delivery of health care as well as on the business community," said Steven Ullmann, director of the Center for Health Sector Management and Policy at the UM School of Business. "This conference will provide a unique opportunity for professionals across industries to hear from many of the thought leaders who have been at the forefront of the health care debate, and to exchange ideas on what's in store for businesses and health care organizations as a result of the election." Conference Speakers and Moderators Include:
- Tom Daschle, Senior Policy Advisor, DLA Piper; Former U.S. Senate Majority Leader; and Author, "Critical: What We Can Do About the Health-Care Crisis"
- Robert Galvin, MD, CEO, Equity Healthcare Operating Partner, The Blackstone Group; and Former Executive Director, Health Services and Chief Medical Officer, General Electric
- Karen Ignagni, President and CEO, America's Health Insurance Plans
- Chris Jennings, President, Jennings Policy Strategies; Former Senior Health Care Advisor to President Bill Clinton; and Former Staff Director, Bipartisan Policy Center's Comprehensive Health Reform Policy Project
- Mark McClellan, MD, Director and Leonard D. Schaeffer Chair in Health Policy Studies, Engleberg Center for Health Care Reform, Brookings Institution; Former Administrator, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Department of Health and Human Services; and Former Senior Director, Health Care Policy under President George W. Bush
- James T. Olsen, Managing Director and Head of Healthcare Advisory Services, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts