MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Nov. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Up to 3x improvement in system prototype performance enabled through enhanced HapsTrak® 3 I/O connector technology and high-speed time-domain multiplexing
- Modular system architecture scales from 12 to 144 Million ASIC gates to accommodate a range of design sizes from individual IP blocks to processor subsystems to complete SoCs
- New capability in Synopsys' Certify® software, in combination with HAPS' flexible interconnect architecture, accelerates multi-FPGA partitioning productivity by up to 10x
- Enhanced Universal Multi-Resource Bus host connectivity of up to 400 MB/s facilitates debug and increases hybrid prototyping performance with Synopsys' Virtualizer™
- Pre-validated Synopsys DesignWare® IP with HAPS systems enables efficient integration of IP blocks and earlier software development
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq:SNPS), a global leader providing software, IP and services used to accelerate innovation in chips and electronic systems, today announced the availability of Synopsys' HAPS®-70 Series FPGA-based prototyping systems, extending its HAPS product line to address the increasing size and complexity of system-on-chip (SoC) designs. The HAPS-70 systems provide tightly integrated prototyping software and hardware, including high-speed time-domain multiplexing (HSTDM) technology, which in combination with new HapsTrak 3 I/O connectors delivers up to 3x prototype performance improvement over traditional connector and pin multiplexing technology. The new prototyping systems take advantage of a scalable architecture and the latest generation Xilinx Virtex-7 FPGA devices to support a wide range of design sizes with capacities from 12 to 144 million ASIC gates. The flexibility and matched pin connections between the Virtex-7's I/O banks and HapsTrak 3 connectors enable HAPS users to utilize I/O bandwidth where it is needed most while minimizing the number of unused pins.
To view the multimedia news release, please go to: http://www.synopsys.com/Company/PressRoom/Pages/haps70-news-release.aspx"The stacked silicon interconnect technology of the Virtex-7 2000T FPGA delivers two million logic cells of capacity and 12.5 Gb/s serial transceivers, making it ideal for ASIC prototypes which require both high capacity and high-speed I/O," said Tim Erjavec, vice president of FPGA platform marketing at Xilinx. "The Synopsys HAPS-70 Series takes advantage of the Virtex-7 2000T FPGA's increased design capacity and I/O bank organization to deliver a system that eases design planning within and across multiple FPGAs while allowing the HAPS-70 to scale up to support multi-million gate ASIC SoC designs." HAPS-70 systems are integrated with an intelligent prototyping software environment that enables faster partitioning and automates the creation and debug of prototypes for a range of designs from individual IP blocks and processor sub-systems to complete SoCs, easing the path from RTL to operational prototype. The modular architecture of the HAPS-70 systems enables engineers to use a common prototyping environment for IP and SoC software development, hardware/software integration and system validation, reducing duplication of effort across projects. New "HAPS-aware" features of Synopsys' Certify multi-FPGA prototyping software increase prototyping productivity by up to 10x with patent-pending algorithms to automate logic partitioning and live hardware queries to ease system bring-up compared to manual partitioning methods. The new prototyping systems also support HAPS Deep Trace Debug for greater debugging efficiency, providing approximately 100 times more signal storage capacity than the traditional memory storage employed by on-chip FPGA logic debuggers.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts