For the past two months, Bank of America has been asking people to thank our troops in various ways – in pictures, words, and with their signatures – and on Veterans Day, it has culminated in a $250,000 donation to Wounded Warrior Project ® (WWP).
The effort was part of a campaign titled “Express Your Thanks,” which formally launched on Sept. 11 and ran through Nov. 11. The centerpiece of the campaign is a website that collected images and messages of thanks to service members and veterans. Each time an individual uploaded a photo or message, the Bank of America Charitable Foundation donated $1 to WWP on that individual’s behalf*. The company also made a donation for each photo uploaded via Instagram that included a #troopthanks hashtag. Selected images have been used to create a patriotic digital mosaic posted at www.bankofamerica.com/troopthanks. Visitors to the site will also have an opportunity to view a video highlighting the most poignant expressions of thanks collected during the campaign.
In addition to the website, Bank of America offered opportunities to generate donations to WWP at events such as the Bank of America Chicago Marathon, the Bank of America 500 and at home games for the Carolina Panthers, Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots and Washington Redskins. At the Marathon, for example, race participants and spectators signed water bottles with words of thanks, and the bottles were used to create a patriotic mosaic at the race’s Health and Fitness Expo. At the Bank of America 500, race fans signed flags that became a large mosaic.
“It should come as no surprise that this campaign was met with overwhelming enthusiasm from day one,” said Jeff Cathey, senior military affairs executive at Bank of America. “Americans are incredibly appreciative of those who serve, and thousands took advantage of a simple yet meaningful way to show their support.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV