- Staying organized. To keep from getting overwhelmed, maintain detailed lists and instructions for administering medications, dressing wounds and working medical equipment. Ask a health care professional to demonstrate tasks for you and work with you to make sure the care is being provided correctly.
- Preparing for changes. Many patients with a diagnosis like dementia or Alzheimer’s can become angry, agitated or sometimes violent. Work with professionals on what to expect.
- Taking your time. One occupational therapist explains that rushing a patient through an activity could take away their sense of independence, causing the patient to become depressed and possibly cause an injury.
- Taking a break, or arranging for support. “You may develop feelings of anger, resentment and bitterness because of the constant responsibilities, deprivation and isolation that can result from being a caregiver,” said an Amedisys vocational nurse. “Research community agency help- take days to yourself as you hire adult day care, chore workers, home delivered meals, etc. to help relieve the physical stress.”
- Knowing that you are not alone. Contact your county to find out what services are available such as a Department of Aging, the Veterans Benefits Administration or other aging services.
Amedisys Care Team Members Offer Support And Advice For Caregivers
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.