United Technologies Corp Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (UTX)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Aerospace & Defense industry average. The net income increased by 6.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1,324.00 million to $1,415.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 6.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP increased its bottom line by earning $5.38 versus $4.74 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 1.1% in earnings ($5.32 versus $5.38).
- The gross profit margin for UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 30.20%. Regardless of UTX's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, UTX's net profit margin of 9.40% compares favorably to the industry average.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff. FREE for a limited time only: Get TheStreet Ratings #1 Stock Report NOW!
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.