In a statement released early on Monday, RIM confirmed that a launch event will take place on Jan. 30, 2013, happening simultaneously in multiple countries around the world.
As well as marking the official launch of the new BlackBerry 10 platform, RIM will also unveil its first two BlackBerry 10 smartphones on Jan.30. Details on the smartphones and their availability will be announced at the event, according to RIM.
RIM shares rose 2.81% to $8.78 before market open. The Waterloo, Ontario-based firm was also one of the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 125,514.Apple (AAPL) shares crept up 0.68% to $550.8 in premarket trading on share volume of 90,995. Facebook (FB) shares were down 0.52% to $19.11 on share volume of 379,994 . Shares of Groupon (GRPN), which badly missed third-quarter earnings estimates last week, slipped 1.81% to $2.71 on share volume of 375,439. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV