SC12 -- Mellanox® Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ: MLNX; TASE: MLNX), a leading supplier of high-performance, end-to-end interconnect solutions for data center servers and storage systems, today announced its Unified Fabric Manager™ (UFM™) appliance with Software Defined Networking support (UFM-SDN), allowing IT administrators to effectively manage and optimize their data center resources from a centralized place. The UFM-SDN appliance will be released along with the next generation of Mellanox’s UFM software, version 4.0. The UFM-SDN appliance with UFM 4.0 enables any OS operated data center to increase its interconnect management effectiveness. Among the new extended capabilities of UFM 4.0 are monitoring history and multi-site management capabilities. For example:
- Performance and health information can be stored in a separate database for on-going tracking
- Multi-site support can provide one pane of glass for monitoring multiple sites via one central console
UFM 4.0 also brings a new form factor for the UFM software. Now, sold as a Mellanox appliance with the familiar MLNX-OS™ interface, it will enable customers to gain UFM benefits out-of-the-box. The UFM-SDN Appliance is agnostic to the cluster operating system and releases the end-user from the installation and O/S compatibility hassles. The UFM-SDN appliance will come in several sizes for managing various cluster sizes.
“The UFM-SDN appliance and the new UFM 4.0 software release bring new means for centralized and compensative interconnect management for enterprise data centers of any size,” said Gilad Shainer, vice president of market development at Mellanox Technologies. “The UFM-SDN appliance can help reduce data center deployment time, help improve its performance and provide the capability to monitor and optimize in a real time manner, all in an easy-install package and with built-in support for SDN features.”
The UFM-SDN Appliance and UFM 4.0 software will be available December 2012.Supporting Resources:
- Learn more about Mellanox’s Unified Fabric Manager and UFM-SDN Appliance
- Follow Mellanox on Twitter and Facebook
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV