QuickBase has hit the road. The enterprise offering from Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU) now enables information workers to easily build and instantly deploy QuickBase applications across tablets, smartphones and desktop computers.
QuickBase is a cloud platform that empowers do-it-yourself workers (DIYers) to create their own applications and solutions that improve productivity. It’s easy to use so anyone can create custom, collaborative business applications with no coding knowledge needed. DIYers have built more than 3 million QuickBase applications since the platform launched in 2002.
Intuit refreshed QuickBase to make it even easier to build and access apps with user experiences designed specifically for desktop computers, tablets and smartphones. A simplified design, enhanced search and reporting functionality, and a more intuitive navigation make QuickBase easier to learn and to use on desktop computers. A mobile version of QuickBase.com enables tablet users to create new or improve existing apps, and smartphone users to access their mobile business apps on the go.
Serving an Unmet Mobile NeedA September 2012 survey from QuickBase found that information workers aren’t satisfied with today’s off-the-shelf options.
- 53 percent said they would build their own mobile app if they could do so easily.
- 33 percent of respondents said the mobile apps they’re using are not currently meeting their needs. Nearly all (95 percent) said they obtained their mobile apps from IT or purchased them from an online app store.
- 76 percent cited the inability to write code or lack of approval from IT as reasons that would keep them from developing their own apps.
- 40 percent would build apps that serve business management and collaboration functions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV