CHARLOTTE, N.C., Nov. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UTC Aerospace Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), presented a check to Wounded Warrior Project ® (WWP) for $50,000 on Nov. 9, 2012 in Princeton, N.J. The donation comes from the ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) Systems division of UTC Aerospace Systems and is a match from a grant made earlier this year by the Goodrich Foundation.
Accepting the check on behalf of WWP was John Fernandez, Regional Development director.
"I am honored to accept this donation on behalf of Wounded Warrior Project. The support from UTC Aerospace Systems helps fuel over 18 programs and services that WWP provides to wounded warriors and caregivers," Fernandez said.
This is the third consecutive year that the ISR Systems division has supported WWP, a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization whose mission is to honor and empower wounded warriors.Tom Bergeron, president ISR Systems said, "This donation represents just a part of the commitment UTC Aerospace Systems and its employees are making to our wounded warriors who sacrifice so much for our nation. UTC Aerospace Systems provides the war fighter with the tools and technologies needed to accomplish their missions, and we feel it is just as important to support our wounded warriors and their families." UTC Aerospace Systems designs, manufactures and services integrated systems and components for the aerospace and defense industries. UTC Aerospace Systems supports a global customer base with significant worldwide manufacturing and customer service facilities. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Connecticut, is a diversified company providing high technology products and services to the building and aerospace industries. www.utcaerospacesystems.com SOURCE UTC Aerospace Systems
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV