In recognition of the upcoming Veterans Day holiday, Texas.gov, the official website for the state of Texas, reminds Texans about the many initiatives available to assist Texas veterans and their families. Texas.gov also supports the efforts of our partners, the Texas Veterans Commission (TVC), Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), and the Texas Veterans Land Board (VLB), to inform veterans about resources that are available to help them successfully transition back into civilian life.
- Hiring Red, White & You – a statewide job fair on November 15, 2012 for Texas veterans returning to the workforce. Hosted by twenty-eight Texas Workforce Development Boards across the state, the fair connects Texas veterans and their spouses with Texas employers who value the experience, discipline, and other exceptional qualities inherent to a military background. This initiative is a joint effort of Governor Rick Perry, the Texas Medical Center, the TVC, and the TWC.
- Fund for Veterans' Assistance – an online donation application developed by Texas.gov, in partnership with TVC. The Fund has collected nearly $9,000 to help TVC provide reimbursement grants to eligible charitable organizations, local government agencies, and Veteran Service Organizations that provide direct services to Texas veterans and their families. This Veterans Day, Texans can show their gratitude to our veterans by going online and making a tax-deductible donation.
- Texas Veterans Blog – a new communication channel recently launched by the VLB reinforces their efforts in educating veterans about available benefits. The blog provides up-to-date, easy-to-find information on a variety of topics including home and land loans, nursing facilities and Veterans homes, veterans’ health, and other pertinent topics.
- Texas Veterans Portal – a website that offers a comprehensive range of information from multiple organizations including the TVC, TWC, VLB, 2-1-1 Texas, and TexVET. Veterans and their families can visit this site to learn more about benefits, access online services, download pertinent forms, locate community resources, review frequently asked questions, and more.
Texas.gov is the official website of the state of Texas ( www.texas.gov) and is a collaborative public/private partnership managed by the Department of Information Resources (DIR). Texas.gov helps state and local government entities Web-enable their services and operates without tax funds through a partnership between the state and Texas NICUSA, LLC. Texas NICUSA builds, operates, maintains, and markets Texas.gov and is part of eGovernment firm NIC’s (NASDAQ: EGOV) family of companies. Since its launch in 2000, Texas.gov has securely processed more than 165 million financial transactions and collected more than $23 billion on behalf of participating entities.
About NICNIC Inc. is the nation’s leading provider of official government websites, online services, and secure payment processing solutions. The company’s innovative eGovernment services help reduce costs and increase efficiencies for government agencies, citizens, and businesses across the country. Our popular self-funded solution allows government to put in-demand services online without using taxpayer funds. The NIC family of companies currently provides cost-effective eGovernment solutions for more than 3,500 federal, state, and local agencies in the United States. Additional information is available at www.egov.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV