- Hiring Red, White & You – a statewide job fair on November 15, 2012 for Texas veterans returning to the workforce. Hosted by twenty-eight Texas Workforce Development Boards across the state, the fair connects Texas veterans and their spouses with Texas employers who value the experience, discipline, and other exceptional qualities inherent to a military background. This initiative is a joint effort of Governor Rick Perry, the Texas Medical Center, the TVC, and the TWC.
- Fund for Veterans' Assistance – an online donation application developed by Texas.gov, in partnership with TVC. The Fund has collected nearly $9,000 to help TVC provide reimbursement grants to eligible charitable organizations, local government agencies, and Veteran Service Organizations that provide direct services to Texas veterans and their families. This Veterans Day, Texans can show their gratitude to our veterans by going online and making a tax-deductible donation.
- Texas Veterans Blog – a new communication channel recently launched by the VLB reinforces their efforts in educating veterans about available benefits. The blog provides up-to-date, easy-to-find information on a variety of topics including home and land loans, nursing facilities and Veterans homes, veterans’ health, and other pertinent topics.
- Texas Veterans Portal – a website that offers a comprehensive range of information from multiple organizations including the TVC, TWC, VLB, 2-1-1 Texas, and TexVET. Veterans and their families can visit this site to learn more about benefits, access online services, download pertinent forms, locate community resources, review frequently asked questions, and more.
Texas.gov Supports Veteran-Focused Initiatives
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts