(Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that
as a key part of its growing enterprise-grade infrastructure, which, according to research firm Neustar, delivers up to 10 times faster upload speeds than competitive solutions. Equinix worked with Box to develop a comprehensive strategy for distributing its growing global network, enabling Box to achieve a 60 percent increase in performance, make its service easier to access for its growing global customer base.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Platform Equinix comprises a global footprint of International Business Exchange ™ ( IBX ®) data centers and a global marketplace where companies connect to their customers and partners to form critical business ecosystems. Box initially moved its infrastructure into an Equinix Silicon Valley facility and recently added infrastructure in Equinix data centers around the globe including Chicago, Ashburn, Va., Amsterdam, Sydney, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
- By choosing Platform Equinix, Box is able to accelerate its growth by safeguarding its infrastructure, improving performance and providing direct connections to its digital supply chain.
- With its service maturing and the number of customers and employees increasing, Box sought a top-tier data center platform as a critical foundation for growth. Specifically, Box was able to distribute its global network of nodes, which are the mission-critical elements of Box’s infrastructure, including the Box Accelerator, which launched in August of 2012. Equinix’s ability to support rapid global expansions is helping Box deliver better results to both businesses and consumers.
- Headquartered in Los Altos, Calif., privately held Box provides a secure content-sharing platform for more than 14 million individuals and 140,000 businesses, including 92 percent of the Fortune 500.
- Stefan Apitz , vice president of Operations, Box: “With Equinix, we know we’ll get consistently high performance and reliability across our data centers. In addition, having our largest customers just a cross connect away helps us forge stronger business relationships. Other colocation sites give you four walls. Equinix is a partner that cares about our business and helps us connect with a global marketplace of partners and customers.”
- Chris Sharp , general manager, cloud and content for Equinix: “The world’s top carriers, networks and ISPs are accessible through Equinix IBX data centers throughout the globe. This allows Box to choose the locations and networks they require to achieve these superior performance results and deliver to their customers a better experience.”
Equinix, data center, IBX, colocation, Box