Psion, now part of Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) today announced that Ferguson, the largest wholesale distributor of residential and commercial plumbing supplies in the U.S., is taking advantage of Psion’s end-to-end Managed Services solution to fully optimize its logistics processes on Psion EP10™ devices. The combination of Psion’s Managed Services and the EP10 will help Ferguson streamline the management of its delivery fleet. The Psion EP10 is the first rugged mobile device to be used by Ferguson’s delivery drivers nationwide.
Based on an agreement reached in May of this year and prior to Motorola Solutions’ acquisition of Psion in Oct., Ferguson engaged Psion Managed Services for the deployment and day-to-day management of the large installed base of Psion EP10s which are used on delivery routes across North America. Powered by mProdigy, the business analytics package that Psion Managed Services provides, Ferguson is able to optimize efficiencies for this mobile deployment through asset, configuration and compliance management. Psion Managed Services also provides Ferguson with additional visibility and device security. Ferguson currently uses other Psion mobile devices in its warehouses and is piloting Psion Managed Services on those devices.
- The Psion EP10 is the most durable and comprehensive enterprise PDA on the market, enabling organizations, like Ferguson, to streamline their logistics processes.
- Ferguson has already rolled out the EP10 to 700 of its 3,500 trucks with plans to complete the implementation in all vehicles by the end of 2013.
- With the Psion EP10, Ferguson has access to real-time data thanks to the device’s signature capture, GPS and wireless capabilities.
- The EP10’s rugged yet compact design makes it easy-to-use and ensures minimal downtime, allowing Ferguson to fully reap the benefits of the device.
SUPPORTING QUOTESJoseph Zanette, Solutions Manager, Ferguson “We’ve been using Psion handhelds in our warehouse for years and have always been pleased with Psion’s service and its devices’ ease-of-use and durability. With the EP10, we’re able to eliminate our manual, paper process – saving us time and money, and allowing us to meet our customers’ need for real-time delivery tracking and an electronic proof of delivery.” Mike Wills, vice president, North American Sales, Psion “On average, our Managed Services customers realize a 20 percent increase in process efficiency, but we forecast that Ferguson will see an even greater benefit. We offer Ferguson a rugged device built for the mobile environment, and Managed Services also enables Ferguson to leverage that real-time data to provide unparalleled business optimization.” SUPPORTING RESOURCES Website: Psion Services About Psion Psion is a pioneer in quality mobile handheld computers and their application in industrial markets around the world. We’ve innovated in the field of mobile computing since 1980, starting with the invention of the PDA; through to helping our global customers solve their business problems today. Our clients include Volkswagen, RWE nPower, E.ON, BMW, Goodyear, Copenhagen Airports, and many others.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts