- Net sales were $19.6 million, up 24% over the prior-year third quarter and up 12% over the second quarter of 2012
- Advanced wound care product sales were $6.8 million, up 67% over the prior-year third quarter and up 18% over the second quarter of 2012
- Excluding $1.8 million of Total Contact Cast (TCC) direct sales resulting from the MedEfficiency acquisition, advanced wound care product sales were up 36% compared with the prior-year third quarter and up 15% over the second quarter of 2012
- Advanced wound care products accounted for 35% of net sales, up from 26% of net sales a year ago
- Traditional wound care product sales were $12.8 million, up 9% from the prior-year third quarter and up 9% over the second quarter of 2012
- Gross margin was 35.2%, an increase of 5.2 percentage points over gross margin of 30.0% for the third quarter of 2011
- Net loss was $3.1 million or $0.24 per share, compared with a net loss of $0.8 million or $0.08 per share in the prior-year third quarter, reflecting higher research and development expense and expenses related to advanced wound care growth
- Held a positive and constructive End-of-Phase 2 meeting with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Launched MEDIHONEY® HCS (Hydrogel Colloidal Sheet) in the U.S. and featured the product at a key medical conference
- Reached the significant $10.0 million sales milestone for MEDIHONEY, triggering a $1.0 million payment to Comvita New Zealand Ltd.
- Strengthened ownership of key brands with an exclusive global license to the NIMBUS® antimicrobial technology available in BIOGUARD® dressings
Derma Sciences Reports Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.