D.R. Horton, Inc. (NYSE:DHI), America’s Builder, today reported that net income for its fourth fiscal quarter ended September 30, 2012 increased 180% to $100.1 million, or $0.30 per diluted share. Net income for the same quarter of fiscal 2011 was $35.7 million, or $0.11 per diluted share. Homebuilding revenue for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012 increased 21% to $1.3 billion from $1.1 billion in the same quarter of 2011. Homes closed in the quarter increased 12% to 5,575, compared to 4,987 homes in the year ago quarter.
For the fiscal year ended September 30, 2012, net income increased to $956.3 million, or $2.77 per diluted share. The fiscal year results included a tax benefit of $713.4 million, primarily due to a reduction of the Company’s valuation allowance for its deferred tax asset. Net income for fiscal 2011 was $71.8 million, or $0.23 per diluted share, which included a tax benefit of $59.7 million. Homebuilding revenue for fiscal 2012 increased 19% to $4.2 billion from $3.5 billion in fiscal 2011. Homes closed in fiscal 2012 increased 13% to 18,890 homes, compared to 16,695 homes in fiscal 2011.
Net sales orders for the fourth quarter ended September 30, 2012 increased 24% to 5,276 homes from 4,241 homes in the year ago quarter and the value of net sales orders increased 35% to $1.3 billion from $0.9 billion. The Company’s cancellation rate (cancelled sales orders divided by gross sales orders) for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012 was 27%. Net sales orders for fiscal 2012 increased 21% to 21,048 homes from 17,421 homes in fiscal 2011, and the value of net sales orders increased 29% to $4.8 billion from $3.7 billion.
The Company’s sales order backlog of homes under contract at September 30, 2012 increased 49% to 7,240 homes from 4,854 homes at September 30, 2011. The value of the backlog increased 61% to $1.7 billion at September 30, 2012 from $1.0 billion a year ago.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV