Voices Against Brain Cancer To Host Annual "Join The Voices! Run/Walk" In Partnership With New York Road Runners
NEW YORK, Nov. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Voices Against Brain Cancer, in partnership with New York Road Runners, will host its annual "Join the Voices! Run/Walk" on Sunday, December 2, 2012 in Central Park, New York at 8:15 a.m. The charitable event will feature a five-mile run, a scenic walk, kids races and a fun family festival. American icon Tony Danza will act as the official Master of Ceremonies for the second year in a row.
Participants of the "Join the Voices! Run/Walk" are encouraged to help raise funds for Voices Against Brain Cancer and promote the organization's mission to find a cure for brain cancer and brain tumors by advancing scientific research, increasing awareness within the medical community and supporting patients, their families and caregivers afflicted with this devastating disease.
This year's honorees have been chosen for their continued efforts to help spread brain cancer and brain tumor awareness. The recipient of the Gary Lichtenstein Humanitarian Award is Dr. Andrew Lassman of Columbia University's Medical Center, who is largely involved in the development of new advances in brain tumor and brain cancer research. The recipient of the Vision of Honor Award is Michael Weiner, Executive Director of the Major League Baseball Players Association. Mr. Weiner is a powerful advocate for those battling brain cancer – both athletes and non-athletes – as he began treatment for a brain tumor this past August.Additional award recipients include:
- Courage Award: Daniel Gilligan; Gary Goldberg; Mitchell Kent; Jill Matthews; Scott Spoerl; Janet Stromberg
- Caregiver Award: Amy Reiling, Captain of "Team Lucas"
- Compassionate Care Award: Francine Armentano, NP; Cynthia Harrison, NP; Tina Sapienza, LCSW; Nicole Simmons, RN; Sandra Terzulli, RN; Minerva Utate, MSN
- Youth Ambassador: Kayla Thomas, Captain of "Captain Mark's Mates"
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV