NEW YORK -- Microsoft's (MSFT) Steven Sinofsky, president of Windows and Windows Live, is leaving the software giant.
The company didn't provide a reason for Sinofsky's departure, which comes just weeks after Microsoft launched Windows 8.
Microsoft veteran Julie Larson-Green has been promoted to head Windows software and hardware engineering. Tami Reller will take over responsibility for the Windows business while keeping her posts as chief financial officer and chief marketing officer.
Home Depot (HD), the home-improvement retailer, is expected by analysts Tuesday to report third-quarter earnings of 70 cents a share on revenue of $17.92 billion. Shares of Home Depot have risen nearly 60% in the past year. Home Depot reports before Tuesday's opening bell. Wal-Mart, Target, Home Depot Report Earnings This Week
Cisco (CSCO), the networking giant, is expected by Wall Street to post fiscal first-quarter profit of 46 cents a share on revenue of $11.78 billion. Shares of Cisco, which reports after the markets close Tuesday, have declined more than 10% in the past year. Cisco Systems Is Not 'Dead Money'
Yahoo! (YHOO) is preparing to launch a major overhaul of Yahoo Mail, which sources told AllThingsD said has a cleaner, "more Gmail-like" look. Citing sources, AllThingsD said the overhaul has been initiated by new CEO Marissa Mayer and is being made to better compete with the fast-growing mail offering from Google.
TJX (TJX) is expected by analysts Tuesday to report third-quarter earnings of 61 cents a share on revenue of $6.37 billion.
Earnings are also expected Tuesday from Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS), Michael Kors Holdings (KORS), Saks (SKS) and Superconductor Technologies (SCON).
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV